Wednesday 2 June 2010

My favorite things from CSM pop-up shop!

There is a lot of really lovely stuff for sale but I only had about £20 to spend so I only bought 3 objects that I coveted the most from the beginning. They're one of Kar Mun Ho's pill boxes and one of Lucy Verrechia's handmade woolen bookbag and information booklet. (By the way, I'm a bit of a pattern&colorblocking freak so I think these 2 products look phat together) I had them both wrapped up in Sophie Sampson's giftwrapping. Awesome work guys, soso proud! x 


















Sophie's product for the shop was a gift-wrapping service, such a brilliant idea! She screen-printed 21 ribbons with all our names on them (they also kinda function as businesscards for BAGD2 too) and had our logo printed on the paper and stickers. She did well, her product sold out on the second day. 



















Kar's product is a medical box classification system. She designed packaging for 7 different existing drugs with the intent of "re-selling" the drugs for their side-effects rather than their actual purpose. She's obviously not selling the pills for real but I really like the concept and I veryveryvery much like the graphics.






















Lucy designed a woolen bookbag, it comes in 3 colors with different patterns on them. Its concept stems from research into book preservation and in particular the ways that we can look after our book collection. I LOVE IT; the concept, the execution (I've somehow developed a craving for fluorescent pink detailed objects), the pattern, the material and the fact that it's made to fit 2 A5 Moleskin notebooks, and I've been looking for something to carry my sketch/scribble Moles around as a set, for ages. Needless to say, Lucy's done brilliant, she sold out on second day aswel!


No comments: