Sunday 6 September 2009

UK - NL Hip Hop

Here's a bit of nostalgia for you. As I'm preparing to go back to the Netherlands for a holiday, I thought I'd show you this video that I found a while back. A couple of years ago, one of my favourite Dutch beatbuilders Kubus and in-your-face UK rapper/spoken word poet Bangbang started a collab and produced an album called Pie & Mash. Their track 'Camera' features one of my alltime favourite Dutch rappers Sticks (ex Opgezwolle member, current Fakkelbrigadier) who I've had a major -lyrical- crush on since 2001 - Spuugdingen Op Die Mic'. It's about stigmatization and the role of the media in several conflicts. This video was shot in the Netherlands and these visuals brings back mad memories of my old neighborhood West1 in DenBosch (NL) where I lived with my moms from 1988 untill 2001.

No comments: