Thursday 3 September 2009

I made a thing.

My first internship is coming to an end and this is the result of 2 months of 9-10 hour work days, millions of emails, phonecalls, pushing limits, breaking boundaries, cutting and pasting, pictorial decision making and learning shitloads of photoshop and indesign tricks. It's said to be the freshest and bestest edition of Edge magazine so far. Now I know what you're thinking, it isn't exactly Vogue, but try to keep in mind that previous issues were crammed into dull, manque templates and that not so inspirational photography of middleaged women in flower patterned patato sacks set the tone for the whole zine. But the creative director said; "Unexperienced Naive Intern, Let There Be a Promotional Fashion Supplement That Hath The Feel Of A Magazine." And so with the idea in my head that this is a magazine for the contemporary Jewish woman reader and that Jewish women too deserve more than patatos sacks, with a fresh pair of eyes I put my Conde Nast hat on and tried my best to spice this biatch up and the CD scratched his head and saw that it was surprisingly good. What more kudos can this humble design student ask for?
Also I recently found out that my boss, the creative director, used to work at the Village Voice in New York in the 70's and that he designed adds for iconic NYC club CBGB together with CBGB's owner Hilly Kristal and that through Kristal he supported acts like the Ramones and Blondie with his own band. He's still good friends with Kristal's daughter Lisa, who's now married to Dutch photographer Ger Burgman. Rock&Roll mang.
























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow looks very classy/ fresh indeed!!

janb said...

brilliant. congrats babe!

BNZLDN said...

Thanks darlings :)