Tuesday 16 September 2008

The Mayor's Thames Festival 2008...

... Just another excuse to bust out the breakdancers and free oriental food platters. Apart from the London Design Festival kicking off that day, I wasn't really aware of what was happening and as I got off the tube there were suddenly hundreds of people blocking my path; eating, buying, doing and looking at all kinds of stuff. Boris even gave permission to use the 10m2 of 'beach' *cough* by the Festival Pier to create a festive atmosphere. The weather was brilliant, the food was excellent (mostly because some of it was free) and even though it was packed, no-one acted like they were caught up in a gridlockd-congestion-shitstorm at 6.00 PM on a Thursday evening. London... naturally.




2 comments:

heyhussain said...

oh snap, did you go on the saturday or sunday, i went as it was getting dark on the saturday after a visit to the royal opera house, i have some awesome tequila sunset sky shots!

i was hoping to get some fireworks pictures but had no luck as i turned up on the wrong day, d'oh

BNZLDN said...

Haha, hi H. I went on saturday and wanted to see the fireworks and carnival (they were on sunday right??) but I fell asleep in the sun in the garden. Once I got up it was time for dinner and stuff and so I never went... I completely drained myself on saturday anyway :)