Wednesday 20 January 2010

Not quite yet...

I know some of you are still waiting for more Indo photos. And yes I really really really want to post them but I just can't seem to find the time nor the peace or will to do simple tasks like these. My jetlag decided to linger about longer than I'd wished for, resulting in wanting to sleep at 8 PM and waking up at 4 AM for almost a week. When I'm awake I'm mostly occupied with trying to work hard on uni stuff, catching up and annoyingly enough, obsessing over lesser important and outright futile shit. Getting back on track has been harder than I expected it to be. And when I do find the time to sit down and get cracking my mind wanders of and I draw or end up listening to Erik Satie's Gymnopedies on repeat while lying on my sofa, staring at my ceiling. I'm still very much enjoying the memories of my journey and have come to the conclusion that I have become a happier person but I guess I'm just being (necessarily but temporarily) lame. So, I've given up on trying to work/play/live at the pace that I used to and have given into doing whatever my personal rythm allows me to do. For now. Please be patient, those photos will appear here at some stage. Here are some random photos of what I have actually been doing since my return. x

My favourite Gymnopedie at the moment:


For a while I've been visually obsessed with everything black&gold, these are some of my purse contents. I also keep a handfull of shelves that I picked up from Saparua beach in my bag, I like their texture and the sound they make when I play with them.




I'm doing a collab magazine design brief for uni. I've been to several bookshops and at Claire De Rouen's, where I've been drooling over the amazing collection of books and (exclusive) fan- and magazines the have in stock, my magmate introduced me to Swedish made Acne Paper. The combination of carefully selected subjects, choice of paper and simple binding makes my pills pop. So does (the paper stock of) Exponere. We also went sample shopping for our own magazine.






A hint of some work I've done for the project so far. (This includes doing a typeface out of homo-erotic imagery that I haven't posted up here yet.)




Some old and new late night doodling.






No comments: