Tuesday 12 January 2010

I'm back...


I came, I saw and found my third home. It's been an amazing month in Indonesia, going from spiritual but touristy Tanjung Benoa on Bali to a transit stopover in Ujung Pandang on Makassar to my beautiful Maluku islands for a family visit in Ambon City on Ambon Island, followed by finding my roots in my grandparents villages Kampung Mahu (maternal) and Kampung Haria (paternal) on Saparua Island. I've been there and despite the recent wars, corruption and the poverty I now consider Indonesia to be the most beautiful country in the world in so many ways, hand down. Bleh, I'm more jetlagged than I want to admit and am still trying to adjust back to London life, so more photos and stories will follow soon.

I wouldn't have wanted to miss this trip for the world!

-x-



Liang beach, Ambon island.

1 comment:

janb said...

cant wait to hear and see it!