Saturday 1 May 2010

BNZLDN 100th post!! Whatever. Here's some more magazine stuff.

To those who know me well it's no secret. I love the 90's. I've always wanted to be 18 in 1994, when Hip Hop was still alive and Drum 'n Bass still pure, wobble free. Alas, I was 10. Not too young to notice what was going on out there, but not old enough to get infused with its flourishing rave culture and shellshocked by its changing cultural landscape either. The 90's imprinted its mark on me and pretty much shaped my creative interests into what they are today. Halfway through my teens I became a fervent magazine buyer. A habit which for some reason I picked up again in my early twenties. I remember still getting pocketmoney and spending it on zines on a monthly basis. My mum considered this a total waste of money and I always felt a little bad after she gave me the 'for god's sake child, save your money' lecture. But I kept buying them and (in this case) I'm happy I didn't really really listen to her. It's not like I was scoring crack, mother. So yesterday I found a box filled with magazines in a corridor. Awesome. What's even more awesome is that they're DazedConfused issues from the 90's. Yay! I would've been over the moon to get my hands on these back then but I didn't nearly have enough money to buy every magazine I wanted. But I'm equally chuffed now that I have them and probably appreciate them even more now that I look at them, filled with nostalgia.




DazedAndConfused 60
November 1999
Back cover
-
Supplement ft. Gilles Peterson 


    
























   

Dazed&Confused 35
October 1997
Special music issue.


Artists in first 3 images:


1. Goldie
2. Autechre, Aphex Twin, Nightmares on Wax, 
Squarepusher, Roni Size, Krust, Suu, Die, 
3. Adam F, Majic, Justice, Technical Itch, DJ Hype, DJ Zinc, Intense, DJ Pulse, Blame, Optical, Nico, Underwolves, Dom&Roland, Rob Playford, Aquasky, Dillinja, DJ Ron, Boymerang, Lemon D, Flytronix, Matrix.


HEART x INFINITE.



DazedAndConfused 61
November/December 1999/2000
End of the millennium / century issue












No comments: