Saturday 29 August 2009

First LDN anniversary.

This weekend I celebrate my first year of living in London (and successfully making the deadline of the JCE magazine plus an unexpected tax return)! Education, independance, jobs that don't involve endless hours of nothingness and naive prospects, new insights, lots of laughter, input rewarded and no more being taken for granted. For all this I also have my friends and family to thank for, here and abroad, so thanks for your support and advice :) It's been an intense but blessed year and how else to mark the occasion than in London style. So yesterday, in spirit of reviving the passions and loving and doing as I please to the max I put on a 2004 drum&slag outfit for old time's sake and went to the Playaz Carnival Special with mutual eager mate. Amongst others Ed Rush, DJ Hype, Andy C, Grooverider, Fabio, Marcus Intalex, D-Bridge, Spectresoul, Stamina MC, Noisia, Fierce, Calyx and Prolyx were there to grace us with their presence. In spite of being too drunk, being groped by overconfident strangers too many times and getting too lost on several occasions I tried to capture the night as best as I could. It's possibly the most random and insignificant series I ever did haha. The night ended somewhere in the morning in the park by the Thames where we were joined by our new saviour with whom we had the most verifying conversation on fruit and safety in London. Good times. Next up is 2 days of Notting Hill Carnival with hopefully better photographs to follow. London I heart you. Yours truly x

























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what a year, eh? Im glad it all came down to a 'happy ending'. I know it sounds cheesy, but thats what they say, so i guess its true: and the best, is yet, to come. :)

see you around b. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey meisje, het is fantastisch om te zien dat je het zo goed doet in je eentje. En je thee is trouwens geweldig! 8-) We missen je.

BNZLDN said...

haha veul dank stiekemerd! Was dope je ff hier te hebben, blij dat ie je smaakte :) Ben binnekort weer ff in Nederland, gaan we wel weer ff aan de zuip/thee. x