Sunday 7 March 2010

BNZLDN's 26th Birthday + 1 year in Brixton + DMZ 5th Birthday Bash = 6 hours non stop dub celebration.

Oh my days, I couldn't have asked for a more banging place to celebrate my birthday!! We went to DMZ @ Mass, which is literally around the corner from my house. The lineup was insanely filthy: Digital Mystikz, Loefah, Benga, Skream, Hatcha, N-Type, Pinch, Chef, Joe Nice, Instramental, Oneman, Joy Orbison, Oris Jay, Zed Bias and then some Brrrrrrraaaap! Thanks to my uber couragous German friends Vanessa and Peggy we were able to jump the 1.5 hour que. (We nearly shat our pants though, feeling 400 cross pairs of eyes burning in your back is not for the faint hearted haha.) Inside and outside the vibe was nothing less than onelove, the crowd was a mad likeminded beast, I hugged more strangers than I can remember. My good friend and fellow basshead Clyde got on the plane to celebrate and had his DMZ cherry popped this night. We shook hands with Mala and Hatcha and witnessed Coki rinse his newest exclusive tunes so I don't think this night could've been any more perfect for him either. We met an Utrechter in the smoking area with whom we spent 30 minutes talking about how amazing the party was and when we came home we spent about 1.5 hour going over the fact how fucking brilliant the night was. Handsdown best dubstep gig I've been to. Thanks Clyde, QueenV, HustlerP and everyone else who was there, thanks DMZ and thanks London, you all made for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVERRRR! (so far ;) x



(B&W photos by the lovely Aza Shadenova)







(Photos by the amazing ASHES57. Check that que, anderhalbe Stunde what!)




No comments: